- QGIS Map Examples – gallery of maps created in QGIS
Anything About Satellites
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) – a good description of SAR imagery and it’s use
- Sentinel Hub Playground – options to view Sentinel -1, Sentinel -2 L1C, L2A, Landsat 8, DEM , MODIS. Easy to use, easy to scroll thru available dates.
- Maps – State Plane Coordinate Systems (SPCS) – Tools – National Geodetic Survey (noaa.gov)
- Worldview Snapshots (nasa.gov)
- EOSDIS Worldview (nasa.gov)
- Global Ice Viewer – also from NASA – Glaciers, Greenland and Iceland, Arctic and Antarctica – not as animated as the Earth 3D, but interesting to non the less. Glaciers overview provides a good overview of different glaciers around the world and their change in time.
- Visible Earth – Eyes on the Earth 3D from NASA – interactive experience with the real-time data (current storms, cyclone etc.), and a great visual reference of what satellite orbits look like.
- Audubon Bird Migration Online Atlas – a guide to the annual journeys made by over 450 bird species.
- Global Temperature | Vital Signs – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet (nasa.gov)